Where working from home is not possible, we must follow the principles of social distancing while
travelling to and from work and whilst at work.
Anyone who either has a high temperature or a new persistent cough or is within 14 days of the
day when the first member of their household showed symptoms of Coronavirus should not come
to work but must follow the guidance on self-isolation.
If someone falls ill at work
If you develop a high temperature or a persistent cough while at work you must inform management,
return home immediately, avoid touching anything, cough or sneeze into a tissue and put it in a
bin, if you do not have a tissue, cough or sneeze into the crook of your elbow.
Consider who you would want contacted to collect you should you fall ill at work and do not feel
able to travel home safely.
You must follow the guidance on self-isolation and not return to work until the period of self-
isolation has been completed.
Travelling to work
- Travel to work alone using your own transport.
- Hand sanitiser must be used before you enter the kitchen or changing room.
Arriving at work
Staggered start times have been introduced to to allow for social distancing whilst staff change into their work clothes.
Wash hands for at least 20 seconds using soap and water before and after changing into your work clothes.
Wipe down any surfaces touched, and door handles with antiseptic wipes provided by Marble 2 Marvel.
Driving at work
When travelling at work for fitting and deliveries we will wherever possible ask you to travel alone. If there is no option but to travel together you should follow the guidelines below.
- Share with the same individual.
- Wherever possible maintain a distance of 2 metres and avoid touching your faces.
- Maintain good ventilation (i.e. keeping the windows open) and face away from each other during the journey.
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds using soap and water or hand sanitiser if soap and water are not available before entering and after getting out of the vehicle.
- Regularly clean the vehicle using gloves and standard cleaning products, with particular emphasis on handles and other surfaces which may be touched during the journey.
- The office and premises will be closed to the general public.
- The office will be closed to all staff.
- Social distancing will be followed by working 2 metres apart from each other.
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds using soap and water when entering and leaving the production hall.
- Regularly clean with disinfectant wipes in common contact surfaces in delivery areas CNC keyboard, Saw control panel, Fork truck steering wheel, Grabs, Hoists and automatic Shutter door button. Wipes or cleaner will be placed near these areas for your use.
- Team meetings will be held outdoors or standing 2 metres apart in the production hall.
Working on site
Questions for Customers
- Will the site be free of other tradespeople and/or other individuals so we can work under 2-metre safe distancing measures?
- Is there parking available for up to two of our vehicles?
- Will there be hand washing facilities on site for our fitters’ use?
- Is anyone in the household in the “shielded” category, namely, defined on medical grounds as extremely vulnerable (they will have received a letter from the NHS defining them as such)?
- Has anyone, at this stage been self- isolating or experienced Covid-19 symptoms?
Information for Customers
Fitters will have tissue roll to wipe their hands and this will be removed from the site when they leave.
Contactless templating/fitting will be carried out by Marble 2 Marvel staff. One of our team will phone you when they arrive at your premises, please open the door/ allow access to your property/site and allow for social distancing of at least 2 metres between yourself and/or any other individuals on site.
Please allow our templaters/fitters to work alone in the kitchen/bathroom.
The guidelines do not state that the use of Personal Protective Equipment is necessary if a 2-metre social distancing is met. However, our fitters may use disposable face masks as an extra level of control/protection, especially if they need to work closer than 2 metres for some aspects of the fitting.
We shall email you with any information after templating or fitting so no paperwork is exchanged.
Templating & Fitting
- When you arrive for fitting or templating hands should be sanitised before handling the template or stone from the van and before entering a customer’s home/site.
- Where site inductions are required, they will be held outdoors and with reduced numbers in attendance.
- When entering a customer’s home please remind them that you require 2-metre social distancing whilst working. If they do not respect this, you are at liberty to leave the property and call management immediately.
- If a customer offers you a beverage, politely refuse and say you have brought your own.
- Where social distancing measures (2 metres) cannot be applied during fitting, in line with PHE guidelines, we should reduce the time and frequency workers are within 2 metres of each other.”
- Where face to face working is essential to carryout a task keep this to 15 minutes or less where possible.
- Face masks are the last resort where a two-metre distance cannot be maintained.
- Single use PPE should be disposed of so that it cannot be reused.
- Re-usable PPE should be thoroughly cleaned after use and not shared between workers.
- Stairs should be used in preference to lifts where possible.
- When leaving the property clean all surfaces with paper towel and stone cleaner place in a bin liner and remove from property.
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before leaving property.
- When carrying out deliveries the driver will stay in the vehicle.
- Wash hands regularly throughout the day with soap and water.
- Hand-wash will be provided.
- Hand sanitiser will be provided where hand washing facilities are unavailable.
- After washing hands clean the sink with disinfectant wipes or surface cleaner and tissue roll.
- Only one person at a time can enter and use the kitchen/toilet facilities.
- A sign saying IN USE will be hung on the outside kitchen door.
- Wash hands before and after using the facilities.
- Dry hands with tissue roll and dispose in the bin.
Kitchen & Food
- Only one person at a time can enter and use the kitchen/toilet facilities.
- Use the IN USE sign when entering
- Clean door handle of kitchen before entering.
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds on entering kitchen. Wipe hands with tissue roll and throw in bin.
- Please bring your own packed lunch and once at work avoid using the local shops or stopping for food on route from fitting or templating.
- No shared cutlery, crockery, cups or eating utensils will be used.
- If you need to use the microwave or fridge clean the door handle and surface touched with disinfectant wipes or general cleaner and tissue roll.
- Clean all surfaces after eating lunch or having a refreshment break.
- Break times must be staggered.
- Place all rubbish straight int the bin and never leave for anyone else to clear up.
- Clean all surfaces before leaving.
- Only one person at a time can enter the kitchen/toilet facilities.
- Use the IN USE sign when entering.
To minimise the risk of spread of infection relies on everyone taking responsibility for their actions and behaviours. Enhanced cleaning procedures should be maintained across all work premises, particularly in communal areas and at touch points such as the ones listed below:
- Taps and washing facilities.
- Toilet flush and seats.
- Door handles and push plates.
- Handrails on staircases.
- Lifts and hoists.
- Machinery and equipment controls.
- All areas used for eating must be cleaned at the end of each break, including chairs, door handles, kettle, microwave, coffee, sugar jars etc.
- Rubbish bin from the kitchen to be emptied into the skip at the end of every day.